Thursday, April 28, 2011

Things Happen For A Reason...

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they are right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." -Marilyn Monroe


I have been good. I have stuck to the 'no gym, no diet' rule all week as hard as it has been. I am going a little crazy, not going to lie because for me, the gym is an outlet. It allows me to get away from all the stresses in life and do what I love...Workout! I have been in a bit of a funk you could say, but it seems to be getting better and it has really helped reconnecting with friends! I met up with my Mr. Olympia and his adorable pregnant wife last night and we went to a Texas roadhouse. I was sold the minute I heard about it because the first thing you do when you walk in is fill a bowl with peanuts and while you sit and wait for your food, you shell em and throw the shells on the floor. I got peanuts just so I could throw them everywhere (was scared to eat them because of the sodium). I have been pretty good about cheating (as in I haven't gone crazy) except last night, this place had the most AMAZING (insert mental picture of me throwing my arms out and saying this with pure delight) rolls and butter. The butter was like ice cream! I am not sure what they put in it (maybe some addicting substance) but I probably ate my body weight in bread and butter. I have not had this much bread in at least a year! CJ was laughing at me and kept telling the waitress to bring me extra sides of fries, rolls, anything that would fatten me up! Little does he know this will come back at him ten-fold! It was great to visit and laugh and not have a worry in the world, very refreshing. I have also been spending time relaxing, hanging out with Stella, and doing all the needed things such as cleaning my house and next is a pedicure for my poor feet! I look forward to sleeping in this weekend and just doing anything and everything that I please. I know my body needs the break from the gym and I'm positive my mind does too, just hard when you are used too (and like/appreciate) such a structured schedule. Oh well, the unknown is the best thing for me (as much as I hate it)!

Marilyn was a weightlifter!!
The quote above is one of my favorites! Marilyn Monroe had it correct when she said "Everything happens for a reason and things change." As I said before, my life has changed dramatically over the past few months and for the better. I have learned, grown, and met some of the most fantastic individuals. People are still walking into my life that have had such an impact in such a short time. I have learned to trust more than I have in years. I have learned to let go and see what happens without second guessing EVERY move. I am starting too (which this is going to take me a looooong time) break down my concrete thousand mile high wall, and allow new people into my life and heart. All of this has occurred on my journey and I can not wait to see how the journey will continue and how my life will keep changing.

Have a blessed day!     J

No comments:

Post a Comment