Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Indomitable Warrior

The hard part is over (waking up), its Tuesday and I am up and at em with the best of yall. Yesterday was a long day, primarily for the fact that I only got 2 hours of sleep the night before and my lifting felt weak. I know it will this last week but I also expect myself to keep performing at a top-notch level until showtime. My body hurts and I am sore but it is all minuet compared to the feeling of being on stage under the lights and showing off all the hard work. I was graced by the presence of Mr. Olympia (in the making) this morning and his hunger and desire for the weekend is without a doubt inspirational. He has a passion and a fire in his eye that says "Get out of my way. I am here and I am bringing my A-game, so yall better be at your best." I love it! He is not messing around and it is how I feel. I am hungry for the competition and the drive to do better, perform better, be better is stronger than ever. I have been experiencing a lot of outside stressors (which I am trying to beat off with a stick) and keep my focus with visors on. I will not let anything stop me from getting to where I want to be.

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes form an indomitable will." -Gandhi

Gandhi sums it up in this quote. The will to be great outlasts your physical capacity and when you are exhausted, your body aches and you feel like you cant go anymore, the mind and the will pushes you to the end. The ability to block out the outside factors that feel limiting to your performance, and keep your mind narrowed in on the goal is an amazing feeling. The definition of indomitable is: that cannot be subdued or overcome, as persons, will, or courage; unconquerable: an indomitable warrior. Each and every one of us is in some way a warrior. A warrior that faces the battle called life each and every day. I am a warrior. I will do everything I can to be unconquerable, even if that is an extra cardio at 3:30am. I have learned more about myself on this journey including my ability to keep myself mentally tough and focused when I feel like giving up. I have showed more courage to myself than anyone else and it is such an empowering feeling. Confidence and grace on stage, yes it will be there but the warrior, the fighter, the individual who will not give up, will be seen more often than not. What makes you a warrior?

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment