Monday, January 24, 2011

Catch ya up to speed....Lightning fast!

I have been thinking about how to get the last couple months wrapped up into one post to catch you up to speed on all the W's.. Ya know... What I am doing, why I am doing what I am doing, where I am doing it, with who I am doing what I am doing, when I am doing it. Lets call this round 1.

Round 1 in a nutshell is as follows: I decided I was going to compete in my first figure competition in November when a good friend suggested I join her fitness team. She told me that she had tremendous love and support, training partners, diet advice, and had developed amazing friendships by being a member of Tanji Johnson's SaveFitness Team. The next step was to attend a workshop to learn about the team in addition to the nitty gritty of becoming a competitor in Bikini, Figure, and Fitness. I signed up that day! Hands down, this was an opportunity I did not want to miss out on! Ding Ding Ding.... Round 2

Round 2 begins the week of Thanksgiving... Oh yea, I know what you are thinking... Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy oozing down the sides and a big ol' piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream for days. HA fat chance! I met with Pete this week. Pete is da man, he designs my diet to a 'T'... I am accountable to him more than I am my own parents sometimes (sorry ma). Who has two thumbs and starts a diet the week of Thanksgiving? THIS GIRL! Next step...Training. Out with the old (power lifting) and in with the new (isolating muscle groups). 6 days a week in the gym and here I am now... Stronger, healthier, and more determined than ever to get to the stage in April.

Ding ding ding... Round 3 (What? did ya think I would only make it 2 rounds? Guess you don't know who you are messing with) :)

Ciao for now, J
Me and my sis on Thanksgiving... The most random individuals you will meet especially when together.

No comments:

Post a Comment