Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trying to Stay Afloat

Wow so these past few weeks have been a blur. School is in full swing, I have already taken 2 exams in my Graduate career and all I can say is, I may need a life jacket! I am just trying to stay afloat with everything that is on my plate. I will give you my Monday and then you can see that this schedule I am keeping is crazy. Cardio at 6 am, race home get showered and fed and out the door to study for an exam at 8:30 then class 11 to 12pm, race home and let Stella out and run any errands I can manage in 40 minutes, teach weight training 1-2pm, TA for a class 2-3pm, hit the gym for cardio number two 3-3:45, back home to eat and back to school 5-6pm to teach abs/glutes class, and rush to dissection lab 6-8pm. Then back home, food packed, homework somewhat done (usually I mess around on facebook because my brain is toast by this point) then off to bed to do it all over again. It really has been an adjustment getting into the routine of school, GA responsibilities, training, dieting, and everything in between. There have only been a couple days when I wanted to stop and give up, try an easier route however, on most days, I keep saying to myself, "You got this. Keep going, keep pushing forward." As long as I keep myself focused and my time management skills are in play, I can keep things under control, for the most part. Its definitely been an adjustment moving back the the East side and going back to school. I feel soooo old amongst all the excited 18/19 year olds who want to party it up like its 1999. Haha the rec center has a decent weight room and one Stepmill, so I claim that sucker every morning! One of the hardest things I have discovered is being able to find someone to spot me. I asked a guy a few days back and he looked at me with a weird look before saying, "You lift more than I do" and he walked away. Awesome. Well looks like it is time to step up the game and do what I can.

Ciao for now,     J

PS... I will try to update this more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment