Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Push Just a Little Harder

I heard a song with the line, "When push comes to shove, you'll find what you are made of" and that is exactly what I am finding out. I push myself and push myself a little further but sometimes I get knocked down, or more recently, blown over in the huge gusts of wind over here. I knew this was not going to be easy, shoot I expected to fall flat on my face, but when the day is over and it is all said and done, I am still moving forward. Tough times may seem to last a lot longer than expected but you know what, tough people last longer! I managed to get through another crazy day and got all my workouts in and even spent some time with the other grad students after open lab. It is nice to know that they have some of the same fears as me going through this program and I am not alone but what has taken me by surprise is their interest in competing. A couple of them have started to ask a lot of questions about what I do for diet, training, what a show is like, how I manage to get everything done, and it has been a relief and pleasure to share with them my journey. I find comfort in the fact that I can talk to them openly about my lifestyle and my passion for competing and they don't judge me one way or the other. They have said though, that when I am done with my next show, we are going to go celebrate. Last night we stopped by a local brewery where a classmate works and this is just a small seating area with no food served, just beer. Sitting there, I ordered up a home brewed glass of cold water while the others enjoyed a beer (or two). It was pretty dang funny because since they are not a restaurant, you can bring in your own food or even have pizza delivered to the place. So one of the girls had made a cake and did not want it at her house anymore so picture a bunch of us grad students sitting around and I am watching everyone enjoy cold beer and cake (it was funfetti cake with rainbow chip frosting too). I would not have it any other way. I was happy as a clam enjoying their company and knowing I am only 5-ish weeks away from the stage. It is go time and there is no, I mean NO, time for error in dieting or training. However, after the show....is a different story! Enjoy Wednesday and happy training!

Ciao for now,       J

No comments:

Post a Comment