Sunday, October 23, 2011

Time Flies When You Are Having... Fun?

Holy Cow! Where does the time go? It is already the end of October and less than 4 weeks out from the next show. I have no idea how time can go soo fast yet I remember when I was little, time seemed to stand still. What a busy busy month this has been already and that's just the start of it. The next 4 weeks are going to whiz by and soon enough I will be stressing out about Christmas shopping! Over the past week, I have been dealing with some weird pain and so far the best guess is a sports hernia but I will not know for sure until tomorrow when I go to the doc here in the Burg. I am crossing my fingers, toes and eyes that it is nothing serious and I'm hoping all my worries will be layed to rest after tomorrow... Am I still training? Yes, you bet your bottom dollar I am! I had a check in with Pete yesterday and got my butt kicked in a back workout. I am still feeling really strong for being a month out, I was doing single arm rows with the
65 pounders! This is because there is no 60's and Pete just rolled his eyes at me when I said there was no way I was moving those suckers and he just said, "Get after it smalls, Nicole Wilkins would." Yep repped those baby's out for sets of 12! Today I felt a little better than yesterday but this weird pain is sucking the life out of me, mentally and physically. I got a 5-mile run in for a whoppin 700 calories today and actually felt really good but my second round of cardio was not so successful and I ended up jogging for two steps before the pain almost knocked me to my knees. Stupid stupid stupid. Needless to say, I am sitting here writing this as I have a heating pad on my lower back and an ice pack on my groin all the while eating my tilapia...Oh now this is what a figure competitor looks like! ;) Food is prepped and packed for tomorrow, training clothes are washed and ready for the week, I am trying to heal up and get in bed at a decent time to hit a.m. cardio.... Yet the homework is still in the works of being done. My attention span for Biostatistics and Advanced Physiology can only last soo long. Here is to another day in the books and one less until the next show!

Ciao for now,       J

No comments:

Post a Comment