Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Home Sweet Home...

I am finally back home and getting settled in after a whirlwind week in Las Vegas. It was an amazing experience and I can not wait until the next one. My days were filled with workouts, relaxing, resting, eating, and focusing on why I was down there in the first place. Heres a look at the average day while I was in Vegas... Wake up, eat 1st meal, hit the gym and train hard and heavy, cardio, run errands and rest, eat more, hit the gym for a second hard lift, cardio, eat again, and fall asleep to wake up and do it all over again the next day. I had killer workouts and my body loved the hot hot weather. Most days it was at least 114 degrees and I kept my water up to over 2 1/2 gallons, ensuring my muscle size stayed up. One day while in the gym, my team mate walked over mid lift and said, "look over there at that leg press...That's Nicole Wilkins Lee!" Sure enough, she was right there in the same Gold's gym working out. We pretty much stalked her, got a picture with her and had her sign a shirt. It was crazy! I remember being on stage and looking just behind the panel of judges, and she was sitting right there, watching all the figure girls compete. It was a dream come true! I can not describe the way it felt to compete in Vegas and I can not explain how amazing it felt to place in the Top 10! It was awesome and I can not wait to improve and move onward and upward from here.

After the night show on Saturday, a bunch of us went out to dinner and celebrated a little. I had a couple photo shoots the next morning so I was a good girl and got home early. The shoots were amazing! I had the opportunity to network with some awesome photographers, shoot in some beautiful locations and even shot with a couple other athletes. The trip home was very smooth and let me tell you, I am soo happy to be home and sleep in my own bed. I am taking a little time for R&R but I will be back sooner than ya think and time to get better than before!

Ciao for now,     J

1 comment: