Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Life's A Dance, You Learn As You Go

"The moment in between what you once were, and who you are now becoming, is where the dance of life really takes place."--Barbara de Angelis

I will be honest when I say it has been hard for me to blog for I am feeling lost, confused, and very unsettled in life as we know it. My crazy beautiful ride has turned into so much more and I will tell you something... I am scared about all that is too come on my journey. I have made my big decision... I am moving back to attend Graduate School and this was a tough call for me because I have an amazing family and network of individuals I do not want to leave nor disappoint one way or the other. I have a hard time with letting the unknown happen and this is all my life is right now...unknowns and uncertainties. I don't know what is going to come of the next few months but I do know this is not going to be easy! I will still be competing and training because that is one thing in my life that is for sure... I want to compete. I thought life was already busy but it is about to get a whole lot busier and time management will have to be my best friend. Who I once thought I was has now evolved into a woman I am proud to be even if it means that I stumble and become weak in times of trial and doubt. I know deep down I have what it takes to accomplish what is in front of me, or anything I put my mind too, but that doesn't make it any easier when I am facing my fears. Our goals, accomplishments, desires, and dreams develop our characters but so do our fears, hardships, and defeats. Not only am I realizing I do not like the taste of fear or defeat, I am realizing that it takes a lot more courage than I once thought to over come those fears.

Ciao for now,       J

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I am also learning that character comes from the hardships in life. Good luck to you and your new goals!

    ReplyDelete