Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Road Trippin'




The past week was a busy one spent traveling all over the I-5 corridor. My mom and I went to Portland to watch my cousin, Sarah Gwen (yes check out her new CD on i-tunes), open and perform live. It was a blast and made for a sweet little get away. The drive down did not take as long as I thought but when we got there and the inevitable double cardio loomed over my head, I knew it was time to get it done in order to relax. Popped in my head phones and went down to the hotel gym, which consisted of a two treadmills, a bike, and a weird hydraulic stair-stepper thing. I have never seen anything like it but it intrigued me so I decided to try it. It was like stair climbing on a trampoline, shooting me up with each step. Now this may seem neat but in all reality when you are facing a wall full of mirrors and there is a huge glass window behind you that separates you from the hot tub. Soo anyone in the hot tub gets a prime view of your backside. So,while doing my 30 minutes, the maintenance man had to check the chemicals a few times. If you know me, my back side is not a small feature. So with each step, there was alot of booty bouncing and well... you get the idea! The next day, I was laying on the hotel bed and asked Siri to find the closest gyms. Siri, come to find out can be very helpful, but she can also be a huge pain in the ass. I found myself fighting with her on a couple different occasions. She can be a real smart ass sometimes.

The drive home was not as bad as I would have thought either. We only got stuck in a little bit of Portland traffic but still made it home in decent time. The following couple days have been filled with training, posing, and spending time with my CZ family. We are winding down and this weekend marks the 4- and 5-week out mark from the big shows... Nerves have officially set in.

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment