Sunday, June 10, 2012

I'm Back!

What a whirlwind of events from my last entry on February 21st! I am finally home from completing my first year in graduate school. I never thought I would see the day but man does time sure fly. I have had many ups and downs, but heck, who hasn't? Isn't that why we are supposed to buckle up and enjoy the beautiful, crazy ride we call life? Where do I start....

I prepped for this years Emerald Cup and it was not a good prep to say the least. I was having issues with my hip flexors and that tiny, painful muscle called the Piriformis. Man if you have ever experienced a tight or hurt piriformis, you know what I am talking about when I say that sucker can be debilitating! Long story short, I had something, somewhere go wrong and have been battling nerve issues for the past 14 weeks. When I say battling, I mean I have fought one heck of a fight against my emotions and everything else to find a fix. It sucks.. I cant wear my jeans nor can I wear my Lululemon pants because it causes my legs to flare up like a fire when you dump gasoline on it. It is fierce and I have seen normal doctors, a neurologist, a CT scan and an MRI later and still fighting the pain. Some days are better than others and I am doing better now compared to a few weeks ago but it has been on hell of a fight.

On the flip side, I have been working on data collection for my thesis, which puts me ahead of the game going into my next (and final) year of grad school. I have two collection events behind me and have a couple more to do but overall I am feeling great that some of the hard work is completed. With that said, I am firing up my computer and starting my blog again to keep track of my thoughts as well as continue tracking my journey in the gym!

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment