Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Leave a Trail of Beauty...

It is widely known that the most beautiful thing about a woman is her confidence. Her ability to actually become it, to feel it, and to radiate confidence from the inside out. Once she is solid about who she is and truly believes in herself, she walks with her head held high and cant help but leave a trail of beauty wherever she goes!

Over the last three years of my competition journey, I have learned several things not only about myself but about this sport. First, I CHOSE to compete in a sport that judges me based on my body. The shape and fullness of my muscles, the texture of my skin, the way I carry and present myself on stage, even the way I decide to wear my hair and makeup that day. The criticism can be harsh and the feelings about how you placed can sometimes be even worse. I chose this. Second, when you do not place well or believe from a trusted source that you should be more like someone else or that a certain judge does not like you, you start to believe them even though you KNOW better! Third, those who believe in you and support you no matter what is going on around you, will ALWAYS be there. They will empower you, encourage you, and push you to new levels. That I know for a fact, for I married him. My husband is my biggest fan and through his influence, I have grown exponentially over the last 2 1/2 years. What I have also learned is that I am ENOUGH. I do not need to impress others in order to gain their acceptance or approval. I know that I was created with greatness and do not need to worry about others recognizing such awesomeness! I know that I am free to carry myself with grace, dignity and with true confidence in myself. I know I deserve to live my life in every facet without intimidation of what others think having a place over me. No one has the authority to steal my confidence! So what I told Mr. T is this... "The next time I step on stage, the glow will not come from the glaze. The glow will come from the inside." This is my motto and this will follow me everywhere. I have a ways to go to leave my trail but for now at least I can say I am scattering a trail. :)

Ciao for now,

J

1 comment: